Various studies have shown:
- ICTs consume 13.5 % of electricity in France and account for 5 % of the country’s CO2 emissions.
- The electrical consumption of PCs is increasing by 5 % a year.
- Electricity accounts for 10 % of the budgets of IT departments.
- The cost of electricity required for running a PC now exceeds its purchase cost (over an ordinary life cycle)
- Reduce energy impact by tackling the energy value chain of IT systems directly, from design, through production to end-use ;
- Improve life-cycles (design, production, recycling) in order to limit the effects on the environment.
New Generation SR is a member of the nu@ge consortium: one of the five national cloud computing projects funded by the “Loans for the Future” (emprunts d’avenir) scheme.
The consortium is currently developing an optimum energy management model, with a view to nurturing a new generation of environmentally responsible Data Centres. The consortium’s work also focuses on a super-model to tie these Data Centres together as part of the Community Clouds initiative.
You will be able to benefit from the latest innovative outcomes of this work as well as all of the associated economic advantages.
A questionnaire has been prepared in order to give us a better insight into the various ITC design/implementation challenges you may face in your organisation. The purpose of gathering this data is to help us improve the services we offer you.
Please click here to complete the survey.